Want to learn more about essential oils, but not sure how to start? Try my FREE Essential Oil QuickStart guide, you’ll receive 10 lessons delivered to your inbox for 10 days. (get it here) ...no strings attached!
When you use essential oils the right way, they have the ability to deliver the healing properties of specific plants directly to our bodies. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years by many different cultures. Not only can essential oils give you antibacterial properties as well as pain relief, but they can also help to calm stress and anxiety. The emotional therapy that essential oils can give depends on the type of oil that is used. The brain’s Limbic System is connected to 50 million smell receptors that are inside your nose. The Limbic System is responsible for memory, emotions, and even arousal.
We all deal with stress in our lives. We go through seasons that may be very difficult. Knowing how strong our Limbic System is, we can use the appropriate essential oils to help calm our mind and body while battling periods of stress, depression, and anxiety.
The quickest way to find stress relief is to use the essential oils aromatically. We see that our Limbic System is loaded with millions of receptors in our nose, so by sniffing an oil or diffusing it into the air, we are able to find fast relief.
The Top Six Essential Oils For Stress
is the “king” of oils and has been called “liquid gold”. It has been used for medicinal and religious purposes for thousands of years. It has a very warm and comforting aroma that has a relaxing effect on the human body including uplifting mood and heightening awareness. Read 50 Uses for Frankincense
or watch this video on Frankincense to learn about all it’s healing properties!
3. Serenity Blend is a doTERRA “calming” blend of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood, Sweet Marjoram, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang. Each of these oils are known for their calming effects and ability to ease tension. This is an amazing oil to use on children or adults before sleep to help support a restful night sleep.I put this oil in a roll-on bottle and apply it to the bottoms of my children’s feet at night before bed. They love this ritual and how easy they fall asleep. I love it as a mom for selfish reasons. ☺
4. Balancing Blend
is doTERRA’s “grounding” blend of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile. This is on of my personal favorite oil to use daily. I use this in the morning as I am getting ready for the day. The oils in this blend help with proper central nervous system function and is an great option to use when feeling stressed, confused, doubtful, anxious, or unsettled. I’ve found this is an excellent oil for unsettled emotions, temper issues, or mood swings.For children with behavioral problems, ADHD, Autism, etc., this is a wonderful oil to help calm and balance their mood. For more info on using essential oils on children with behavior problems, this is an excellent article to read.
5. Citrus Bliss is doTERRA’s “invigorating” blend, it consists of Wild Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Grapefruit Peel,
Mandarin Peel, Bergamot Peel, Tangerine Peel, Clementine Peel essential oils and Vanilla Bean Absolute. It’s such an invigorating small that helps with feelings anxiety, lack of control, scarcity and stress.This is one I have diffusing every day in my home. It helps cut down the chaos, fighting, stress and anxiety levels for our entire family. It gives a feeling of abundance and we call it “sunshine in a bottle”. Super amazing for winter-time blues, disappointing situations and so much more.
6. Elevation Blend is known as doTERRA’s “joyful” blend, it consists of Elemi, Lavandin, Lemon Myrtle, Melissa, Osmanthus, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Tangerine. It’s a delightful smell and addresses issues with attention, depression, anxiety, fatigue, hopelessness, and stress.I personally have been through some very difficult times and have struggled with hormone imbalance and depression. Times where I am feeling very depressed, sad, and my worried, I simply breathe this oil in and and rub it on the back of my neck. I immediately feel the worries melt away. It’s been a real blessing in our home.
How To Take These Oils:
- Take a detox bath with 10 drops in the bathtub (how to do this).
- Diffuse at home or at work (Diffuser Reviews).
- Inhale directly from the bottle or with a few drops in your hands.
- Apply directly to your heart, back of neck, or bottoms of feet.
- Dilute with a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, jojoba, almond oil) and rub on shoulders, neck and spine.
- Apply to a clay necklace and wear the oils all day long (where to buy necklace).
Resources For Using Essential Oils:
- Where to buy doTERRA Essential oils and blends for a discount? (click here)
- Want to learn more about using essential oils? Join my essential oil group on Facebook! (click here)
- Modern Essentials Guide (where to buy)