Many people ask where to get a diffuser and how to choose one.
Top criteria for a good & beneficial diffuser:
- Heat-Free diffusion – heat can change the chemical structure of the oil being diffused and or lose benefits during use
- Economical – everyone loves to save their oils!
- Effective in larger areas – something you don’t have to sit next to to enjoy
- Easy to Clean – who wants to clean after every use?
- Long Lasting – I prefer spending extra dough so I don’t have to repurchase anytime soon
Here are four great diffuser options.
- Lotus diffuser
- AromaAce diffuser
- Aroma Lite diffuser
- Petal diffuser
The Lotus Diffuser is beautiful. It has a self controlled timer that allows for it to run continuously for one hour, or to automatically alternate running for 30 seconds and resting 15 seconds for one hour. It has three blue LED lights which can be very relaxing and soothing when using for aromatherapy, however, there is not an option to turn off the lights. There is a definite wow factor when someone sees this diffuser, and it can be a great conversation starter about essential oils.
With the Lotus Diffuser, the essential oils are atomized along with water into minute ion particles and active oxygen ions, which are more easily absorbed into the body than oils diffused by conventional diffusers.
The Lotus diffuser is ideal for the home, yoga studio, spa, office, or anywhere you would like to diffuse where you wouldn’t be distracted by the glowing blue light. It is ideal for anyone who wants to enjoy the ambiance of the mist and light, and prefers an automatic shut-off.
- Lotus Diffuser uses water to turn the essential oils into minute ion particles, which creates a mist.
- Lotus Diffuser has a blue glowing light that can be turned on or off.
- Lotus Diffuser automatically shuts off after one hour.
- You can quietly hear water bubbling.
- There is not a quick change system that allows you to change your essential oils at any time. If you do decide to do a quick change, you have to pour out the water and essential oils that are currently in the diffuser.
The Aroma-Ace Diffuser is more functional looking than the Lotus Diffuser. Although it may not be as aesthetically pleasing, it is still produces the same great benefits. The Aroma-Ace Diffuser has three different types of settings and allows for ultimate control over the essential oil you are diffusing. One setting allows you to set an “on timer” (ranging from 5-20 minutes), an “off timer” (ranging from 5-20 minutes), and a volume control setting that lets you control the intensity of diffusion. This allows for ultimate control and flexibility of your diffuser.
The Aroma-Ace Diffuser also provides a quick-change system that allows you to change your choice of essential oils at any time without the worries of mixing and spilling (although it does come with an empty glass bottle for you to premix blends in). Its state-of-the-art diffusion technology preserves the natural essence and complete therapeutic benefits of essential oils by effectively transforming them into a micro-fine vapor without the use of heat or water. These micro-particles permeate the air and may remain suspended for hours, fully intact with all of their natural benefits. This diffuser also comes with a 15 ml bottle of Protective Blend.
The Aroma-Ace diffuser is ideal for the home, office, doctor’s office, hospital, bedroom or anywhere you would like to diffuse with complete control over time and intensity of what you are diffusing. For example, if you have problems sleeping, you could set this diffuser to turn on for 10 minutes every hour throughout the night with either Calming Blend or Lavender essential oil to help you sleep better. You could do the same if you have a cold and would like to diffuse Protective Blend or Respiratory Blend throughout the night to help you feel better. One thing you should be aware of, however, is that the Aroma-Ace produces a buzzing noise while running. The higher the intensity you are diffusing, the louder the buzz. Some find the noise to be therapeutic and relaxing, while it may distract others.
Aroma Lite Diffuser
- You have complete control over timing and intensity of diffusion.
- You can have it running throughout the day or night, without having to do anything. (Be careful about forgetting to turn it off. You could end up diffusing much more essential oil than you intended to!)
- You get a 15 ml bottle of Protective Blend.
- Can fit in most small spaces.
- Depending on the intensity you have it set at, you could go through a bottle of essential oil much quicker.
- Does have a buzzing noise that increases with intensity.
Experience the aromatic and therapeutic benefits of essential oils with the Aroma Lite Diffuser. With a large reservoir and multiple settings, the Aroma Lite Diffuser allows you to customize the diffusion of essential oils for up to eight hours. Small and compact, the Aroma Lite Diffuser silently purifies and humidifies the air. Also featuring an optional night light.
- Designed to be small and compact—perfect for traveling and hotel use.
- Features four mist output settings
- Night light is optional (woo hoo!)
The Petal Diffuser is a small, user-friendly diffuser that delivers health-promoting benefits to your family and home. It has a relaxing mist and soft white ambient light, making it ideal for nighttime diffusion. The Petal Diffuser has three timed settings—1, 2, and 4 hours—allowing you to customize the release of essential oils into the air. This convenient diffuser is stable, light, and easy to use—perfect for home or office use.
The Petal Diffuser permeates an ultra-fine, yet substantial mist output into the air, releasing the aromatic and therapeutic benefits of essential oils quickly and safely. This high quality, affordable diffuser is perfect for both novice and experienced essential oil users who want a reliable, easy-to-use essential oil diffuser.