When our hormones are off, it can throw many other things off as well. Here are just a few of the health issues which can be caused or worsened by hormones being out of balance:
- hair loss
- weight gain
- skin issues
Here are 6 ways we can use diet, lifestyle and essential oils to help our bodies achieve balance and wellness.
Eat whole food
The food we eat plays a large role in hormone health. Not only does eating a balanced diet of real food help our entire bodies to function better, but there are certain foods we can eat that promote hormone health. These foods are:
- Whole grains
- Fruits and vegetables
- Seed oils like flax seed oil
It is also important to consume healthy oils. Coconut oil is one of the best for hormone health. It provides the necessary building blocks for hormone production. It can reduce inflammation and will assist in weight loss. Coconut oil is great to use in place of many different oils. It can be heated to high temps without adverse taste, it has a long shelf life and it tastes great!
Get plenty of sleep
Sleep is so important to hormone health. It is important to overall health and balance. Sleep is a time of healing and rebuilding. If you have a difficult time falling or staying asleep, here are a few things you can do to help:
- Create a sleep schedule and stick to it, even on weekends or holidays. Choose a reasonable time to go to bed and to rise.
- Practice a bedtime ritual. Do the same things every night before going to bed and choose things that are relaxing.
- Use essential oils to help. Oils massaged into our bodies or diffused can help to relax. Try our suggested sleep blend
Gentle exercise is best when you are worried about your hormones being out of balance. This is often related to your adrenals and working too hard will only add to the pressure you are putting on your body and will lead to further fatigue. Consider walking, small spurts of of cardio and moderate resistance training until you feel you are more balanced.
A great way to use essential oils to reduce stress is to rub 2-3 drops of sandalwood on the bottoms of your feet and back of the neck, several times a day. Follow it up with breathing exercises and eliminating things in your life that are causing great amounts of stress.
Toxins take such a toll on our bodies normal function, and hormones are no different. Proactively eliminate toxins to help keep things balanced. A few small things you can do each day to help are to use citrus every day, use good vitamins every day (the LLV are a great choice for this) and drink plenty of water to support your liver.
The imbalance between estrogen and progesterone often requires an increase in progesterone. This is best accomplished by enabling the body to increase progesterone naturally in the body.
- An excellent source is again the Basic Vitality Supplements (LLV) pack and the Microplex VM supplement. Among the ingredients in VM the following assist the body in natural progesterone generation: the antioxidant vitamins A, C, E; the energy blend of B vitamins; and Zinc.
- Thyme and Oregano are essential oils that will help the body naturally generate progesterone. Thyme is included in the Microplex VM supplement. Oregano may be used for short periods of time, a drop or two on the bottom of the feet for 8 to 10 days.
- Geranium topically applied over the liver, adrenal glands, and/or the kidney will help the generation of natural progesterone.
- Frankincense should also be considered for disorders of the uterus such as fibroid cysts, etc. Use it to reduce existing abnormalities or consider it to prevent their formation. Frankincense will also balance the endocrine system. Use it by placing 2 or 3 drops under the tongue every night and every morning.
- dōTERRA® Women Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is a blend of natural plant extracts that support hormone balance, it includes a standardized soy extract with genistein, a powerful phytoestrogen that binds with estrogen receptors in cells, and the natural phytoestrogens in pomegranate. It also includes a concentrated extract of flaxseed lignans to help manage potentially harmful metabolites that are produced when estrogen is metabolized in the liver. Balancing hormones and managing harmful metabolites by eating a healthy diet rich in phytoestrogens and other essential nutrients, exercising, and managing weight can help reduce uncomfortable symptoms associated with PMS and the transition through menopause and supports healthy bones, heart, breast tissue, and other body structures and functions as a woman ages.
These are just a few of the ideas and changes that can be made to help with balancing hormones and creating a lifestyle of wellness. I would love to share with you more on this topic and see how these oils can bless your life. Click HERE
if you would like me to contact you with more information. In the meantime, there are options below if you'd like to get started using essential oils.
Important Disclaimer: None of the health related topics presented on Discover Natural Solutions have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Reading this website denotes your understanding and agreement to our full disclaimer.