June is here, summer is coming and it is a great time to think about hydration! Infused water is a great way to get your water in while also enjoying the slight taste and vitamin benefits that come with adding fruits, herbs and vegetables.
To start, here are just a few tips to getting started and adding these to your routine. After that, I'll share with you a few favorite infused water recipes!
1. Use a glass pitcher or mason jar to make these in. With all the citrus usually involved, it's best to store them in glass.
2. Start off by adding your fruit and using a wooden spoon to gently mash it. For lemons and other citrus fruit, remove the rind ahead of time to avoid a slight bitter taste.
3. Break any herbs you want to add to release their natural extracts and oils.
4. Cut up any vegetables and add them in.
5. Finally add filtered water and let sit for at least 30 minutes. These will store in the refrigerator for up to a week (if they can last that long!)
Also, as the water runs low, add more water to the fruit and stir to continue to release the flavor. Here are a few favorite combinations:
Strawberry, Kiwi, Cilantro, Cucumbers
--great for digestion, blood sugar and cardiovascular health.
Lemon, Lime, Orange, Mint
--great for energy, mood boost, immune defense and heartburn.
Grapefruit, Lemon, Cucumber, Rosemary
--works well for digestion, detox and weight loss.
Carrots, Pomegranate, Mango, Lavender
--helps with cholesterol, flushing toxins from the skin and promoting good eye health.
Canteloupe, watermelon, Basil, celery
--great for skin and hair health, blood pressure and digestion.
You can even turn this into a bit of a treat by adding sparkling water instead of regular water. You'll be amazed at how addicting these can be and you can enjoy without guilt. There are no harmful additives or preservatives of any kind.
Enjoy and let these recipes help you stay healthy and hydrated this summer!
I would love to share with you more on this topic and as well as how essential oils can bless your life. Click HERE
if you would like me to contact you with more information.
Important Disclaimer: None of the health related topics presented on Discover Natural Solutions have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not replace personal judgment nor medical treatment when indicated. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Reading this website denotes your understanding and agreement to our full disclaimer.