Sandalwood, a little less known essential oil than others, has been around for centuries. It comes from the root of trees that grow for 60-80 years. Sandalwood is known for its use in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties.
Here are some tips for incorporating it into your daily routine.
- Add to your shampoo or moisturizer to improve the look of your skin and hair.
- Diffuse in your bedroom after a long, stressful day or before meditation.
- Apply to your skin the day before a big photo shoot or presentation.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- After a long day of working on your honey-do-list, add one to two drops to your hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin.
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Enhances mood.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Add a few drops to your washing machine to help freshen your load.