One of the most universally applicable oils, basil is from the Greek word meaning "king". Ancient Greeks believed it opened the gateways to heaven.
Common uses of Basil Essential Oil:
- Acts as a cooling agent for the skin.
- Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxious feelings.*
- Diffuse to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
- Massage with Wintergreen and carrier oil on back of neck for a stress-relieving experience.
- May help to ease monthly feminine discomfort.*
- Take a drop internally to provide soothing support during menstrual cycle.*
- Diffuse for feeling of relief at the end of your work day.
- Blends with Lime, Bergamot and/or Peppermint for an invigorating aroma.
Basil blends well with Peppermint and Bergamot.
Common Applications include: Aromatically and Topically. Use a carrier oil for possible skin sensitivity. May be taken Internally, as well.
Quick Tip: Add to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.