Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citruslike fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”).
Common uses of Melissa Essential Oil:
- May help to support a healthy immune system.*
- Calms tension and nerves.
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on roof of mouth and swallow.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh your thoughts.
- Blends well with dōTERRA On Guard® to boost its benefits.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Promotes emotional health.
Common Applications for Melissa Essential oil include: taking internally in a capsule, diluted and applied topically and enjoyed aromatically.
Melissa Essential Oil blends well with Geranium, Lavender and Ylang Ylang
Essential Oil Tip: Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.